Add files to the blockchain - Beta 3.4
Here you can add files to the BSV blockchain. It's a bit like engaging with a vintage vending machine. You need to insert the right amount of coins. Having a $1 bill in your pocket won't help you get that 5 cent soda. You need a nickel for that. This website takes care of it all for you. Enjoy.
- Control the technical details like fee, endpoints and payload size.
- Pay as you go: start adding files without having all funds ready. Good for live crowdsourcing.
- Reliable interaction with the blockchain using multiply endpoints to spread the load.
- Will resume a file where it stopped if you close the browser and start again.
- Download files with links to the on-chain data.
- Reliable moving of funds to other wallets.
- This is beta software. Please share any inputs and feedback by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Text files must be utf-8 encoded.
- The wallet and its funds remain accessible in the browser until you click the "Forget me" button. However, it is strongly suggested that you store a copy of the private key for your wallet. To see the key: click on the cog in the "Wallet" section and click "Show private key (WIF)".
- As soon as you load a wallet into this page, the balance will be split into nickels (right-sized UTXOs). The balance remains the same, but it can influence how soon you can spend them.
- Upload speed will decrease if the browser window is not active (an area of future improvement).
Good to know:
- We love privacy. No trackers are used.
- The term "nickel" is used on this page to describe an unspent transaction output (UTXO) that is confirmed or is first level unconfirmed and with the right value. The concept is introduced as an abstraction for how to deal with the limitations on how many unconfirmed transactions you can have in one block.
- If the browser is interrupted while data is being propagated, you can reload and retry from the same browser. The parts of the file already propagated will not be added again, meaning you will not pay for the data again. However, at the moment, the estimation of price in the interface is not taking into account that some parts might already be added and will always show the full price of the file.
- Information about the identification of added files can be downloaded by clicking "Download link info". This will download a .txt file and a .json file. The content of the .txt file can be copied directly into excel.
- When you add files to the blockchain, you should know that data will persist forever - with your signature - and there's nothing anyone can do to erase it. It's a completely different paradigm compared to traditional ways of distributing content. Even if the tracing technology of today is not powerful enough, tools will advance in 10, 20 or 30 years. So please, think twice before choosing to add illegal content, even if just for fun. It can ruin your life.
- Avoid speed reduction when browser windows is not active.
- Provide data as OP_PUSHDATA via epoxy
- Drag files instead of only clicking
- Optimize for mobile
- Verify if content already exists on the blockchain
- Let content be gzip'ed before added to the blockchain
- Support setting encoding per file
- Mimic folder structure on-chain to support relative links
- Reload wallet as soon as funds are moved
- Default mining fee will try to satisfy 75% of connected miners.
- Set payload size (in kB) to 5 MB ?payload-kb=5000. This is the size of the data to be placed into each transaction, so final tx size will be a bit larger because of the signature. Please note that data is placed after OP_RETURN and that default mining setting 500 kB for OP_RETURN data at the moment.
- Change fee to 250 sat/kB: ?fee-per-kb=250. Defaults to 500.
- Use testnet: ?testnet
- Use stn: ?stn
Share the vibe
Please consider donating to support the development of this tool