Add files to the blockchain - with one click (Beta 2.8)
Adding files to the blockchain is like engaging with a vintage vending machine. You need to insert the right amount of coins. Having a $1 bill in your pocket won't help you get that 5 cent soda. You need a nickel for that.
- Pay as you go: start adding files without having all funds ready. Good for live crowdsourcing.
- Reliable interaction with the blockchain using multiply endpoints to spread the load.
- Will resume a file where it stopped if you close the browser and start again.
- Download information about links to the gontent added.
- Reliable moving of funds to other wallets.
- Fee: 0.5 sat/B
- This is an beta software. Please share any inputs and feedback by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Files must be smaller than 288MB. When the dynamics of transaction size has stabelized with the genesis upgrade of BSV this will be adjusted to 2 TB
- Text files must be utf-8 encoded.
- The wallet and its funds remain accessible in the browser until you click the "Forget me" button. However, it is strongly suggested that you store a copy of the private key for your wallet. To see the key click on cog in the "Wallet" section and click "Show privat key (WIF)".
- As soon as you load a wallet into this page, the balance will be split into nickels (right-sized UTXOs). The balance remains the same, but it can influence how soon you can spend them.
- Speed will halt if you are not having the browserwindow active (area of improvement).
Good to know:
- We love privacy. No trackers are used, and scripts from MoneyButton are only loaded if you ask to use it.
- A "nickel" on this page is a normalized term to describe an unspent transaction output (UTXO) with about 96000 satoshis that is confirmed or is first level unconfirmed. The concept is introduced as an abstraction for how to deal with the limitations on how many unconfirmed transactions you can have in one block.
- If the browser is interupted while data is being propagated you can reload and retry from the same browser. The parts of the file already peopegated will not be added again meaning you will not pay for the data again. However, at the moment the estimation of price in the interface is not taking into account that some parts might already be added and will always show the full price of the file.
- Information about the identification of added files can be downloaded by clicking "Download link info". This will download a .txt file and a .json file. The content of the .txt file can be copied directly into excel.
- When you add files to the blockchain, you should know that data will persist forever - with your signature - and there's nothing anyone can do to erase it. It's a completely different paradigm compared to traditional ways of distributing content. Even if the tracing technology of today is not powerful enough, tools will advance in 10, 20 or 30 years. So please, think twice before choosing to add illegal content, even if just for fun. It can ruin your life.
- Avoid speed reduction when browser windows is not active.
- Provide data as OP_PUSHDATA
- Let user set fee level
- Optimize filesize of the files needed to show add.bico.media
- Drag files instead of only clicking
- Optimize for mobile
- Verify if content already exists on the blockchain
- Let content be gzip'ed before added to the blockchain
- Support setting encoding per file
- Mimic folder structure on-chain to support relative links
Please consider donating to keep this service free: 1LJ83HTtnDMyx1h4YCoGJCoWwER8QQvEVn
- Set payload size (in KB) to 5 MB ?payload-kb=5000. This is the size of the data to be placed into each transaction, so final tx size will be a bit bigger because of the signature. Please note that data is placed after OP_RETURN and that default mining setting 100 KB for OP_RETURN data at the moment.
- Change fee to 0.25 sat/B: ?fee-per-kb=250. Defaults to 500.
- Use testnet: ?testnet
- Use stn: ?stn