Add files to the BSV blockchain - with one click
Adding files to the blockchain is like engaging with a vintage vending machine. You need to insert the right amount of coins. Having a $1 bill in your pocket won't help you get that 5 cent soda. You need a nickel for that.
- This is an beta preview. Please share any inputs and feedback by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Files must be smaller than 310MB.
- Text files must be utf-8 encoded.
- The wallet and its funds remain accessible in the browser until you click the "Forget me" button. However, it is strongly suggested that you store a copy of the private key for your wallet. To see the key click on ⊕ in the "Wallet" section and click "Show privat key (WIF)".
- As soon as you load a wallet into this page, the balance will be split into nickels (right-sized UTXOs). The balance remains the same, but it can influence how soon you can spend them.
Good to know:
- We love privacy. No trackers are used, and scripts from MoneyButton are only loaded if you ask to use it.
- A "nickel" on this page is a normalized term to describe an unspent transaction output (UTXO) with about 96000 satoshis that is confirmed or is first level unconfirmed. The concept is introduced as an abstraction for how to deal with the limitations on how many unconfirmed transactions you can have in one block.
- If the browser is interupted while data is being propagated you can reload and retry from the same browser. The parts of the file already peopegated will not be added again meaning you will not pay for the data again. However, at the moment the estimation of price in the interface is not taking into account that some parts might already be added and will always show the full price of the file.
- When you add files to the blockchain, you should know that data will persist forever - with your signature - and there's nothing anyone can do to erase it. It's a completely different paradigm compared to traditional ways of distributing content. Even if the tracing technology of today is not powerful enough, tools will advance in 10, 20 or 30 years. So please, think twice before choosing to add illegal content, even if just for fun. It can ruin your life.
- Let price estimate take into acount that some files are already half added because the page got closed
- Start sending even with nickels not in wallet yet
- Propagate via multiple endpoints
- Verify if content already exists on the blockchain
- Let content be gzip'ed before added to the blockchain
- Support setting encoding per file
- Mimic folder structure on-chain to support relative links
Please consider donating to keep this service free: 1LJ83HTtnDMyx1h4YCoGJCoWwER8QQvEVn